If your PLN can be used to help professional development post-course?

I think PLN will be of great help to my professional development after the course. PLN is an online community where we can meet different people and learn all kinds of information. Creating a PLN can attract people, and maintaining the development of PLN can stabilize the relationship. In today’s society, I think relationships are very important. Getting a good relationship can help career development and open up space for career advancement. We express our opinions in PLN and get opportunities by communicating with people. It can also help me have a clearer plan for future development.

Can your PLN be relied on to open professional opportunities and on which platform does your emerging expertise get good exposure?

I think it is possible to rely on PLN to open up professional opportunities. PLN can have good publicity, show its profession on the platform, let people be attracted by it. Better improvement in communication. For example, Twitter. Twitter is a good learning platform where people can browse all kinds of things they are interested in. I can also post my emerging professional knowledge on Twitter, so that the audience can recognize my profession and can forward it.

Can you leverage your PLN in future endeavours?

At work, PLN is a very useful tool. The people I met in PLN may be of great help to my career. For example, when I encounter difficulties at work, I can seek help in PLN, and people will give their opinions to help me solve the difficulties in my career. In addition, we can also discuss professional topics in PLN. People in the same field can discuss and exchange ideas together, which can also improve my work development.

With consideration to the reading and video interview, how do you ensure that you expand your PLN via social media platforms into spaces that may be outside of your comfort zone?

As I think, in PLN we will meet different people, learn more information, and get more novel ideas. In communicating through social media, we will find many different areas of expertise. When combined with your own profession, it will become a new innovation and an opportunity. As Amber said in the video, she is a nurse, but after taking advantage of the transformation opportunity combined with her professional knowledge, she found that she can also use new methods to better help patients.

Giudice, M. D. (2013). From Information Society to Network Society: The Challenge. Social Media and Emerging Economies SpringerBriefs in Business, 71-88. doi:10.1007/978-3-319-02490-5_5

EDCI 338 A01 (Nov 15, 2020) Glauser, A. Retrieved from: https://youtu.be/RiWaXNfnHAg