With the advent of the Internet era, people nowadays tend to pay more attention to dynamics on the Internet. The Internet has facilitated people’s lives, and people began to socialize on the Internet. Many public figures have also begun to authenticate themselves on the Internet and interact with people. Social media provides public figures with the convenience of interacting with the audience, but it also brings them risks. In the media space, because their identities are too conspicuous, it is easy for some people to copy their identities to defraud others’ trust, such as money, personal privacy, etc. At the same time, because public figures are very influential on the Internet, it is necessary to be cautious about publishing content and account security issues, because when people follow wrong opinions or blindly follow non-personal opinions, sometimes it will have an adverse effect on society.

In my social media, negative responses are inevitable, because everyone has different values ​​and ideas. We cannot ask everyone to agree. So when an employer wants to use a person’s social media to judge employment, terminate or suspend individuals who do not meet the expectations of social media, I think this is indeed a feasible method, but it cannot be a standard. Diversification can help a company grow. Although hiring employees with the same social media views can be in line with the company’s philosophy, sometimes accepting different views can also be an innovation. Therefore, personal social media cannot be fully expressed as an employer’s judgment on employees.

Regarding how celebrities use social media, I think they need to pay attention to what they post. Although it is their freedom to publish any speech on the Internet, their words are influential and people are paying attention to them, so it is recommended to consider them before publishing any content. And the most important thing they need to pay attention to when using social media is to protect their personal accounts. Social media accounts can be linked to everything, so prevent others from stealing account privacy.

Having a popular PLN can of course also bring benefits to career development. First of all, PLN can share my thoughts and opinions with everyone. A popular PLN means that everyone is attracted by my ideas and is also a performance that recognizes me. When an employer wants to know me, this will also become a resume. Or when I develop my career, this will also become an excellent resource for the company.

I think that the advantage of employers establishing online communities and social media directly related to employment is that people can only post content related employment and content and display their resumes. Employers can also understand the content more directly. Regarding the limitation, I think it should be that this cannot fully show a person’s ideas or values ​​on the platform.

In the Internet, we establish our own PLN and publish our own ideas. At the same time, we also need to receive and transmit information to develop PLN. So when browsing the page, we need to observe the interactive dynamics and the content to judge whether it is trustworthy. Setting message permissions is also a way. Categorize unfamiliar messages and set some as permission after reading. In this way, slowly build a PLN that you can always rely on.

I think how an experienced storyteller can minimize misinformation sharing, he can build a team or have a trusted person such as a pen pal. Browse the content to the team or pen pal before each publication. Listen to their opinions or whether they agree. This may be a way to reduce risk.

Reference

Hirst, M. (2018). Navigating Social Journalism: A Handbook for Media Literacy and Citizen Journalism p78. Retrieved from  http://ezproxy.library.uvic.ca/login?url=https://www.taylorfrancis.com/books/9781315401263