Nowadays, almost everyone can browse the web. In social media sharing, people from different cultures and backgrounds will follow the same topic at the same time. As a result, there will be many different types of views. When we started to share our views on the platform, the diversity and inclusiveness of the Internet made us not worry about our views being excluded. Everyone can view my views, everyone can agree or disagree, and can also work together to analyze. Diversity allows us to receive different information. You can find like-minded people to discuss topics together.

Social media allows people to view information anytime, anywhere, and facilitates people’s rhythm. Like a way of communication, people can leave messages in the community. The time zone and region restrictions can be ignored in the network platform, and people can share information at any time. Social media helps people participate in more communication without restrictions.

Because nowadays, almost people can express opinions on the Internet without restriction. Sometimes the platform cannot restrict the censorship of people’s speech. When some people publish their speech, it will have a bad influence on others and can easily insult each other. These behaviors cannot be controlled in the platform. So, communicating in social media can sometimes be a challenge.

I think that in community participation, the extended rules proposed by the employer should be considered. In this way, the community can be maintained in a positive and balanced environment, and people can feel comfortable when communicating in the community and communicate and discuss widely. Making rules can make people in the community feel that everyone is equal and better control community development. At the same time, cultural sensitivity also needs to be considered. Although people come from different backgrounds, we need to respect each other. Respect for different cultures is important. This is an important condition for the community to maintain a positive environment. Disrespect for cultural behavior is equivalent to insulting behavior, which is not allowed on the Internet or in reality. So the consideration of cultural sensitivity is very important.

When communicating on social media, I think I should communicate the diversity of my PLN. I welcome people of different backgrounds to participate in the discussion and I will accept all positive opinions. An humbly acceptance of all opinions is one of the importance of success. Balancing career expectations and personal beliefs for the purpose of career development. I think this means that I need to communicate with people extensively, get to know different people, understand different perspectives, and develop myself.

When the community knows more about my identity, I feel that I need to consider the combination of the published content and current popular factors, so that my PLN can maintain traffic and develop influence. Only when combined with the trend, people will continue to follow and attract more attention. This is an effective way to continue to develop PLN in my opinion.

Reference

Trilling, B., & Fadel, C. (2009). 21st century skills: Learning for life in our times. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.